Booking Terms and Conditions for Sandspur, Gulland Road, New Polzeath
1) The Contract – The contract entered into is between Dr Robert Daniel (The Owner) and the person completing the Booking (The Hirer). The contract is not effective until the required payment has been received and confirmation sent from the Owner to the Hirer.
a) Bookings cannot be accepted by persons under the age of 25 years or parties where the majority of members are less than 25 years (except families and supervised groups.)
b) The person who makes the booking (the Hirer) will be responsible for all persons included on the booking and should ensure that they are all aware of the booking conditions and 'House Rules' which will be sent on receipt of the balance of rent or on request.
c) The Hirer must notify the Owner of the names of all persons occupying the property and the ages of any persons under 25 years and advise the Owner of any changes.
d) The Owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with the booking conditions.
e) Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone or e-mail and must be confirmed within 7 days.
f) The Booking Acceptance and 25% deposit must be received by the Owner within 7 days, after which date your reservation will become void. Your reservation is confirmed by e-mail once these have been received.
g) The balance must be received no later than 6 weeks before your arrival. Failure to supply the due balance by the specified time will forfeit your booking and deposit. The balance must be accompanied by the Damage Deposit of £500 (see section 9 below).
h) Bookings made within 6 weeks of the arrival date require payment in full at the time of the booking.
3) No Pets – pets are not permitted in the property or in the garden.
4) No smoking – smoking is not permitted in the house, balcony, garden or drive.
a) The maximum number of occupants permitted is nine and exceeding this number constitutes a breach of contract (exceptions may be made in advance for additional young children). If the maximum number is exceeded without authority the Owner may terminate the booking immediately. The Hirer will be liable for the full booking charge and the security deposit will automatically be forfeited.
b) Unless otherwise agreed with the Owner occupancy starts on or after 4pm on the arrival day and ends no later than 10am on the day of departure. The caretakers have only a limited time to prepare the property for the next guests, and you are asked to respect this. A late departure fee of £150 will become payable if late departure results in delays for the caretakers.
c) At no time during the period of any bookings may parents or guardians leave children or teenagers in the property Sandspur on their own overnight.
6) Cleaning – Tenants are required to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. The property is inspected by the Owner's caretaker between bookings to ensure that this has been done. Should you prefer to have the property cleaned on your behalf, please contact the Owner before your stay for further information.
7) Included in your rental
a) Self catering accommodation
b) Linen – sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, bath towels for 8 guests and bath mats are provided. Please bring your own Beach towels and do not use the bath towels provided outside the property. If you require the Z bed for one additional guest, there is a fee payable of £45.
c) Electricity, heating oil and water.
d) Kitchen Starter Pack consisting of tea towels, oven glove, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets (2), laundry tablets (2), dishcloth, scourer and bin liners (2)
8) Damage, Loss and Nuisance
a) The Hirer agrees :
(1) To pay a £500 Damage Deposit – this is payable 6 weeks before the arrival date and is fully refundable within 7 working days after your departure, after inspection, should there be no breakages or damage and with both keys returned.
(2) To pay £50 for each key that is not left at Sandspur on departure.
(3) That the supervision of babies, children and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the Hirer at all times.
(4) To be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and clean condition, otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied.
(5) To pay for any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear, incurred during the occupation.
(6) Not to cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of nearby property nor to allow any of the occupants to do so.
(7) To allow reasonable access to the property by the Owner or his caretakers if deemed necessary.
9) Termination – The Owner reserves the right to refuse or terminate (without refund) any booking where he considers there to be a breach of our terms and conditions.
10) Cancellation – The Owner has the legal right to reimbursement for loss due to cancellation.
a) Once a booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday. In the event of a cancellation by the Hirer the Agent will endeavour to re-let the property, and if successful may refund any monies paid less the deposit,which is non-returnable.
b) Tenants are advised to take out a suitable travel insurance policy to protect against cancellation.
a) The owners of Sandspur cannot accept any responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property and its plumbing, electrical or otherwise, or exceptional weather.
b) No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of the property, vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Hirer or any member of the party during the occupancy.
c) If for any reasons beyond the control of the owner the accommodation is not available whatsoever, the Owner will refund the deposit, but will be under no further liability towards you.
a) Whilst the Owner and Agent make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions, descriptions are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. If there are any points of particular importance please contact the Owner to clarify information.
b) Whilst the Owner and Agent have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the information contained in its brochures, Website and advertisements and any other promotional literature is accurate, the Owner and Agent reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facilities or amenity.
a) If, in the opinion of the Hirer there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the Hirer to take it up with the Caretaker immediately (or the Owner or Agent when the Caretaker is not contactable) and in any event before departure to allow remedial action to be taken. (The Caretaker contact details are in the Information Book provided at Sandspur.)
b) It is specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the Agent of any complaint in accordance with the timescale set out in clause 13a) will entitle the Owner to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.