Large Houses near the Beach
With large, self catering family houses sleeping up to 18, you can gather the whole family together to enjoy a beach holiday in the West Country. Our largest properties have great facilities and are in fantastic locations, with most just moments from the beach.
There are many excellent restaurants nearby, as well as local catering companies and private chefs available for events and celebratory meals, so you can relax and enjoy time with your family, friends and colleagues.
Browse our collection of large, spacious self catering family friendly properties below.
Prices from £3,850.00
Luxury holiday home. Spacious property totaling 2,880 sq. ft of accommodation over 2 floors forming the principal part of a grand Victorian villa with heated swimming pool (12 x 6m). Set in an elevated position over looking Sunny Cove with beautiful views out to sea.
- Large Private South facing Terrace
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Views of the Estuary
- Sleeps 10 in 5 Bedrooms and 5 Bathrooms
- Luxury Property recently Refurbished to a very high standard of Comfort
Prices from £959.00
Spacious Family House and Cottage overlooking Beach and Sea in New Polzeath. Self catering for 2-3 families in the very best beachside location. The self contained annex sleeps a further 4-5 if needed. Space for 5 cars. Stunning views of beach, sea , surf and sunsets. A great family holiday house with spacious rooms and amazing views. Instant access to Polzeath surfing beach, coastal path for walkers, great for families and groups.
- Spacious Family Holiday house in great location
- Sleeps 16-17 in House + Cottage
- Fabulous Sea and Beach Views
- Large Open Plan Living Area
- Close to Polzeath village with Surf Schools, Shops, Cafe's, Restaurants
Prices from £599.00
Spacious Family House and Cottage overlooking Beach and Sea in New Polzeath Self catering for 2-3 families in the very best beachside location. The self contained annex sleeps a further 4-5 if needed. Space for 5 cars. Stunning views of beach, sea , surf and sunsets. A great family holiday house with spacious rooms and amazing views. Instant access to Polzeath surfing beach, coastal path for walkers, great for families and groups.
- Sleeps 12+ (6 Bedrooms)
- Stunning views of the Sea
- Great family holiday house
- Access to Polzeath surfing beach
- Panoramic views of Polzeath Beach
Prices from £1,049.00
Standing alone on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the house is situated in the small village of New Polzeath, just along the coast from Rock and Padstow in North Cornwall. Built in 1906, this has been a one family-owned holiday house for the past sixty years, and continues to be the place many consider their home away from home. Set within its own private garden that includes a large drive and garage, it sits between Polzeath’s two main beaches Hayle Bay and Pentireglaze Haven, with private access to the latter from the garden. It boasts uninterrupted views across the National Trust headland leading to Pentire Point, as well as arguably the greatest of all views of the rolling Atlantic.
- Truly Unique Location on a Cliff above the Beach
- Sleeps 13 in 7 Bedrooms
- Adjacent to the path leading to Baby Bay Beach
- The most amazing Sea and Beach Views
- Spacious House
Prices from £600.00
Wonderfully located traditional family house sleeping up to 15 in 7 bedrooms, right on the front in New Polzeath with stunning sea and beach views . New open plan granite kitchen installed in 2013. Sheltered Terrace overlooking the sea, instant access to huge sandy beach/surf and coastal path for walkers. Ample private parking.
- Wonderfully located in New Polzeath above Polzeath Beach
- Sleeping up to 15 in 7 bedrooms
- Stunning Sea and Beach Views
- Instant access to sandy beach/surf
- New Open Plan Granite Kitchen
Prices from £999.00
Cowrie is splendidly located in New Polzeath adjacent to the quieter Baby Bay end of Polzeath beach – ideal for beach games, sand castles, rock pooling and uncrowded early morning and evening surfing. From Baby Bay the unspoilt National Trust coastline extends uninterrupted towards Pentire Point (via ‘Cowrie Bay’) and beyond to Port Isaac – perfect for magnificent cliff walks.
- Splendidly located overlooking Baby Bay in New Polzeath
- Sleeps 9-10 in 4-5 Bedrooms
- Sun Room with Coastal views
- Wonderful enclosed Gardens with access to Path to the Beach
- Renovated Seaside Bungalow
Prices from £898.00
Wavecrest, Beach House in New Polzeath - Stunning Beachside location with sea views, garden and easy walk to Polzeath village Self catering on the North Cornwall Coast with amazing beach, surf and sea views in New Polzeath. Wavecrest West side sleeps 6 in 3 twin bedrooms, the East side sleeps 4-6 in 2 bedrooms, if both wings (interconnecting) are rented together a max of 12 guests can be accommodated (+ a further 2-4 in the Lodge, the self contained annex)
- Amazing Sea Views
- Stunning Beachside location
- Easy walk to Polzeath village
- Sleeps up to 12 in 5 Bedrooms
- Quirky Beach House
Prices from £799.00
This lovely spacious property very close to the beach with sea views has a very large, open-plan living area. There are three wings leading off this central space. Each wing has its own bathroom and bedrooms. There are five bedrooms sleeping a total of 11 (+child’s bed and cot) The ocean side of the house has a glass-fronted terrace, so you can check the surf in your pyjamas or enjoy an evening drink whilst watching the sun go down over the sea. The back part of the living area is wood panelled with cosy furniture set around a woodburning stove.
- 2 Minute walk to Polzeath Beach
- Sleeps 11
- Situated above Polzeath Beach with stunning Sea Views
- Spacious Living with 2 sleeping wings
- 5 Bedrooms
Prices from £3,674.00
This beautifully renovated former Bungalow sits above Polzeath, in a cul-de-sac, away from the crowds but only 250m walk down a private road to the beach and local amenities. Sleeps 8-10 in 4 bedrooms + the summer shack in the garden. Lovely Sea Views.
- Fabulous new Internal and External Renovation
- Great Sea Views & only 250m from Polzeath Beach
- Sleeps 8 + additional beds for 2-4 (+ wc & basin) in the Summer Shack in the Garden
- Lovely Coastal Inspired Interiors
- Quiet Semi Residential, yet still close to the Beach
Prices from £3,536.00
Stunning uninterrupted Sea and Beach views from this great family beach house on Tristram Cliff, overlooking Polzeath Beach. Recently redecorated and furnished, the house sleeps 14 in 4 bedrooms + a total of 4 bath/shower rooms.
- Stunning Sea and Beach Views
- Sleeps 14
- Easy access to Polzeath surf beach
- Great for 2 families sharing with up to 10 children
- Short Walk avoiding roads to Polzeath Village with shops, restaurants, cafes, surf schools
Prices from £649.00
This beautifully appointed property in the luxury Pinewood development is set in an elevated position overlooking the popular North Cornwall village of Polzeath. Parking for two cars and sleeps 8 guests in four comfortable bedrooms. This contemporary property is within a mere 2-3 minute walk to the golden sandy beach either down the road, or through private communal grounds to the beach.
- Amazing location
- Sleeps 8-9 in 4 bedrooms
- 2 acres of private communal grounds
- Breathtaking views
- Walk to the beach
Prices from £599.00
Tresevens is a spacious 5 bedroom detached house, sleeping 12, with parking and an enclosed garden. Ideally located 700 yards from the long sandy beach of Polzeath, the house is 300 yards from the very popular Oyster Catcher pub and its fantastic views across the Camel Estuary.
- 10 Mins Walk from Daymer Bay Beach
- Sleeps 10 adults or 8 adults and 4 children
- 5 bedroom detached house
- Enclosed rear garden
- 5 mins walk to shop, close to Pub and St Morritz Hotel
Prices from £699.00
This holiday home is ideal for self-catering family holidays in Trebetherick, North Cornwall. This welcoming house overlooks the magnificent Cornish coastline and has spectacular sea views. It is perfectly situated; within ten minutes walk from both Polzeath beach and Daymer Bay, and across the estuary from the idyllic fishing village of Padstow.
- Spacious family house
- Overlooking the sea
- Sleeps 10 (+ 2 extra children)
- Stunning views
- Private garden
Prices from £999.00
Stunning contemporary luxury spacious new build house overlooking River Camel in central Rock. Sleeps 8-10 in 4 bedrooms , 4 luxury bathrooms, designer interior furnishings, contained garden, parking. Stay at Gull Rock and you will have the best location in Rock in stunning comfort and style.
- Stunning Contemporary New Build House
- Overlooking River Camel
- Sleeps 8-10 in 4 bedrooms
- Designer Interior Furnishings
- Located close to Beach, Restaurants, Shops & Ferry
Prices from £849.00
3 storey holiday house overlooking the River Camel in central Rock . Stunning location, next to Sailing Club, and beach, close to Golf Course and Ferry to Padstow. Sleeps 8-9 in 4-5 bedrooms. Attractive coastal style interior and furnishings.
- Newly Renovated
- Stunning Location Overlooking the River Camel
- Sleeps 8-9 in 4-5 Bedrooms
- Attractive Coastal style Interiors
- Conveniently Located in Central Rock by the Sailing Club
Prices from £600.00
Family holiday house in Rock with stunning river views, sleeps 9-10. A modern detached holiday house in a quiet cul du sac with panoramic views over the Camel Estuary towards Padstow. It comprises 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and can sleep 9 -10 people. With a totally enclosed fenced garden and driveway making it an ideal and safe family holiday home. A stile from the garden leads to the footpath to the foreshore at Porthilly Cove (about 10 minutes). The newsagent is about a 3 minute walk and the main food shops including a butcher, fishmonger, bakery and Spar are about 10 minutes on foot. There is a ferry to Padstow which is a 15-20 minute walk from the house or short drive to the Ferry Car Park.
- Fabulous Views of the River Camel
- Sleeps 9-10 in 4 Bedrooms + 3 Bathrooms
- Walk to Beach
- Close to Shops
- Lovely Open Plan Living/Eating/Kitchen Area
Prices from £1,499.00
A beautifully renovated characterful cottage style house set in substantial grounds in Rock near shops and golf course. Easy access to Rock water-sports and beaches. Sleeps 6 (or 10 with annex). Spacious private gardens, parking, private drive. Log fires, sheltered BBQ area, attractive furnishings and Farrow and Ball interior.
- Sleeps 8+ in the house (6 bedrooms) + 4 in Annex (2 bedrooms)
- Games room
- Easy access to the Beach
- Spacious private gardens
- Lovely Farmhouse style Kitchen with AGA
Prices from £1,099.00
4 storey refurbished terraced house overlooking the River Camel in central Rock with private garden and decked terraces & parking. Sleeps up to 15 in 4-6 bedrooms. Stunning estuary views, just a stones throw from the sandy beach in Rock.
- Stunning Estuary Views - Just a Stone's Throw from Rock Beach
- Recently Renovated Character 4 Storey House
- Close to Watersports, Restaurants, Shops, Ferry to Padstow
- Sleeps up to 15 in 4-6 Bedrooms
- Can be Configured as 6 Bedrooms or 4 Bedrooms + 2 additional Reception Rooms
Prices from £1,022.00
Large comfortable house sleeps 17 with 2 living rooms, log burner, 2 games rooms, study, kitchen diner, utility, 7 bedrooms, 3 of which are ensuite, additional wet room, wc and bathrooms with external heated swimming pool and terraced patio area.Located outside Port Isaac (walkable to the village) with wonderful views of the sea and Port Isaac, ample parking and grass lawn. Enjoy the beach & surfing at Polzeath, sailing & water skiing in Rock, walk the S W Footpath, go fishing, catch the passenger ferry to Padstow, visit Wadebridge or Newquay or make a day trip to the South Cornish Coast or the Eden Project. The Pool is only operational from late May - Sept (weather dependent).
- Sleeps 17+ 1 child in 7 Bedrooms + 5 Bathrooms
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Wonderful Sea Views close to Port Isaac
- Superfast Broadband & decent Mobile signal
- Log Burner, 2 Games rooms, Study, Bar
Prices from £593.00
Originally built circa 1850 this beautiful detached Victorian gentleman's residence with 5 Bedrooms has recently been fully restored. Located in a stunning, picturesque rural setting on the edge of Bodmin Moor in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Farmhouse enjoys lovely views out over the countryside and is set in 2.5 acres of grounds including open lawns, landscaped gardens and delightful woodland areas bordering fields at the edge of the grounds.
- Boutique Farmhouse with 5 large bedrooms, 2 of which have en suite bathrooms.
- Picturesque Rural setting on the edge of Bodmin Moor in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Set in 2.5 acres of Grounds including open lawns, landscaped gardens and delightful woodland areas.
- Large Renovated Country Kitchen with an Island and Aga cooker.
- A great, secure environment for dogs and children to explore.