From the restaurants of celebrity chefs on the North Cornwall coast to beach side cafes near Salcombe in South Devon, chefs across the West Country are serving delicious dishes made with locally sourced and seasonal produce.
You can visit some of the local producers or even book a tour or experience day with them to get involved yourself. Food festivals and regular markets take place throughout the year and, for those not wanting to miss a thing, local tour guides can arrange food and drink tours so you can experience the very best of the West.
Take a look at our collection of self catering properties for food lovers below.
Prices from £1,299.00
Gorgeous 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom beachside apartment in New Polzeath with parking and open views right across the beach and sea from Pentire to Stepper Point.
- The best views of Polzeath Beach and the Sea
- Immediate access to Coastal Path, Surfing Beach and Village
- Attractively Furnished and Decorated in Designer Seaside shades
- 3 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms, Kitchen with AGA, Utility and Open Plan Dining/Living
- Lovely Sunny Terrace and Patio
Prices from £249.00
A delightful modern accommodation (sleeps 2-3) in New Polzeath perched above Baby Bay, spacious luxury wetroom, well equipped kitchenette, amazing sea & beach views, private terrace, parking and communal gardens with access direct to coast path and the beach.
- Contemporary New Build Studio Annex
- Fabulous Sea Views
- Access direct to Coast Path
- Stunning Beaches
- Plenty of Watersports & Activities in the area
Prices from £349.00
Rockside Studio is a delightful holiday accommodation in New Polzeath, located close to Polzeath Beach and to the beach path with access direct to Baby Bay Beach. Ideal for a couple or a family with up to 2 children.
- Sleeps 2-4
- Close to Polzeath Beach & Baby Bay
- Great Location for Surfers
- Suitable for 1 couple or a small family
- Stunning Beaches
Prices from £899.00
Sandspur is a contemporary, light and spacious seaside home in New Polzeath designed for a relaxing holiday sleeping 8 guests. Built and furnished to a high standard in 2009, it offers five star holiday accommodation on the rugged North Cornwall Coast.
- Sandspur is a contemporary, light and spacious seaside home in New Polzeath designed for a relaxing holiday
- Large open plan living, kitchen and dining area, relaxing sofas, well equipped bespoke kitchen
- Sleeps 8, with option for a 9th - comfortable beds, luxury bathrooms
- Polzeath Beach is 100m away and Rock, Port Isaac and Padstow are close by
- Spacious Sundeck for outside dining & Courtyard Garden with BBQ
Prices from £499.00
7 Pentire Rocks is an exceptional, stunningly decorated and furnished, new build garden apartment in New Polzeath with wifi and parking. Part of a complex of 11 apartments with sociable and friendly feel, the apartment sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms + double sofa bed. Close to surfing beach, with dedicated parking bay, sunny front garden and patio, outside hot shower & charcoal BBQ .
- Stunningly Decorated & Furnished in Coastal Style - A Perfect Bolt Hole
- Peacefully located in New Polzeath with easy Walking access to Polzeath Beach & Village
- Sleeps 6-8 in 2 Bedrooms, a Double Sofa Bed & 2 Luxury Bathrooms
- New Build Garden Apartment with Heated shed for Storage of Bikes, SurfBoards etc
- Sunny Front Garden and Patio with BBQ & Patio Furniture
Prices from £899.00
Wonderfully located traditional family house sleeping up to 15 in 7 bedrooms, right on the front in New Polzeath with stunning sea and beach views . New open plan granite kitchen installed in 2013. Sheltered Terrace overlooking the sea, instant access to huge sandy beach/surf and coastal path for walkers. Ample private parking.
- Wonderfully located in New Polzeath above Polzeath Beach
- Sleeping up to 15 in 7 bedrooms
- Stunning Sea and Beach Views
- Instant access to sandy beach/surf
- New Open Plan Granite Kitchen
Prices from £3,499.00
This lovely spacious property very close to the beach with sea views has a very large, open-plan living area. There are three wings leading off this central space. Each wing has its own bathroom and bedrooms. There are five bedrooms sleeping a total of 11 (+child’s bed and cot) The ocean side of the house has a glass-fronted terrace, so you can check the surf in your pyjamas or enjoy an evening drink whilst watching the sun go down over the sea. The back part of the living area is wood panelled with cosy furniture set around a woodburning stove.
- 2 Minute walk to Polzeath Beach
- Sleeps 11
- Situated above Polzeath Beach with stunning Sea Views
- Spacious Living with 2 sleeping wings
- 5 Bedrooms
Prices from £1,199.00
Cowrie is splendidly located in New Polzeath adjacent to the quieter Baby Bay end of Polzeath beach – ideal for beach games, sand castles, rock pooling and uncrowded early morning and evening surfing. From Baby Bay the unspoilt National Trust coastline extends uninterrupted towards Pentire Point (via ‘Cowrie Bay’) and beyond to Port Isaac – perfect for magnificent cliff walks.
- Splendidly located overlooking Baby Bay in New Polzeath
- Sleeps 9-10 in 4 Bedrooms
- Sun Room with Coastal views
- Wonderful enclosed Gardens with access to Path to the Beach
- Renovated Seaside Bungalow
Standing alone on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the house is situated in the small village of New Polzeath, just along the coast from Rock and Padstow in North Cornwall. Built in 1906, this has been a one family-owned holiday house for the past sixty years, and continues to be the place many consider their home away from home. Set within its own private garden that includes a large drive and garage, it sits between Polzeath’s two main beaches Hayle Bay and Pentireglaze Haven, with private access to the latter from the garden. It boasts uninterrupted views across the National Trust headland leading to Pentire Point, as well as arguably the greatest of all views of the rolling Atlantic.
- Truly Unique Location on a Cliff above the Beach
- Sleeps 13 in 7 Bedrooms
- Adjacent to the path leading to Baby Bay Beach
- The most amazing Sea and Beach Views
- Spacious House
Prices from £1,980.00
Stunning uninterrupted Sea and Beach views from this great family beach house on Tristram Cliff, overlooking Polzeath Beach. Recently redecorated and furnished, the house sleeps 14 in 4 bedrooms + a total of 4 bath/shower rooms.
- Stunning Sea and Beach Views
- Sleeps 14
- Easy access to Polzeath surf beach
- Great for 2 families sharing with up to 10 children
- Short Walk avoiding roads to Polzeath Village with shops, restaurants, cafes, surf schools
Prices from £1,500.00
Spacious Family House and Cottage overlooking Beach and Sea in New Polzeath. Self catering for 2-3 families in the very best beachside location. The self contained annex sleeps a further 4 if needed. Space for 5 cars. Stunning views of beach, sea , surf and sunsets. A great family holiday house with spacious rooms and amazing views. Instant access to Polzeath surfing beach, coastal path for walkers, great for families and groups.
- Spacious Family Holiday house in great location
- Sleeps 16-17 in House + Cottage
- Fabulous Sea and Beach Views
- Large Open Plan Living Area
- Close to Polzeath village with Surf Schools, Shops, Cafe's, Restaurants
Prices from £375.00
This self contained Converted Barn style annex sleeps 4. Stunning views of beach, sea , surf and sunsets. Annex to Craig Var - or can be rented independently. Instant access to Polzeath surfing beach, coastal path for walkers, great for families and groups. Car Parking space.
- Open plan sleeping
- Overlooking Polzeath beach
- Pets welcome
- Sleeps 4-5
- Great for families and groups
Prices from £675.00
Spacious Family House and Cottage overlooking Beach and Sea in New Polzeath Self catering for 2-3 families in the very best beachside location. The self contained annex sleeps a further 4 if needed. Space for 5 cars. Stunning views of beach, sea , surf and sunsets. A great family holiday house with spacious rooms and amazing views. Instant access to Polzeath surfing beach, coastal path for walkers, great for families and groups.
- Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms)
- Stunning views of the Sea
- Great family holiday house
- Access to Polzeath surfing beach
- Panoramic views of Polzeath Beach
Prices from £970.00
This beautifully renovated former Bungalow sits above Polzeath, in a cul-de-sac, away from the crowds but only 250m walk down a private road to the beach and local amenities. Sleeps 8-10 in 4 bedrooms + the summer shack in the garden. Lovely Sea Views.
- Fabulous new Internal and External Renovation
- Great Sea Views & only 250m from Polzeath Beach
- Sleeps 8 + additional beds for 2-4 (+ wc & basin) in the Summer Shack in the Garden
- Lovely Coastal Inspired Interiors
- Quiet Semi Residential, yet still close to the Beach
Prices from £499.00
A beautifully renovated cosy 2 bedroom garden self-catering property next to the beach in Polzeath with lovely sunny garden and fold back doors onto the patio. Robin is an oasis of calm in the heart of Polzeath Village, so close to shops, cafes, and restaurants and most importantly the beach. This property has been fully renovated in an extremely attractive coastal style. The living area is not large but is well laid out, ideal for 1 - 2 singles or couples, or a couple with 1 -2 children. BBQ & patio furniture is supplied for the sun deck, and there is a dedicated parking bay.
- Beautifully Renovated 2 Bedroom property close to Polzeath Beach
- Next to Polzeath Beach, Shops , Cafes and Restaurants
- Sleeps 4 in 2 Bedrooms
- Shed in the garden for drying / storage + there is now an outside hot and cold shower in the garden & a foot wash area at the front of the house.
- Sunny Patio & Enclosed Garden
A well equipped comfortable detached family house with four bedrooms and 3 bath/shower rooms. It is three minutes walk from the shops and the renowned surfing beach of Polzeath. It has wonderful views out to the beach and Pentire Point from the sitting room and has a garden at the back. It has double glazing and full central heating which also makes it very cosy in the winter months.
- Wonderful Sea and Beach Views
- 3 Minute Walk to Beach and Shops
- Sleeps 8-9 in 4 Bedrooms + 3 Bath/Shower rooms
- Sheltered Garden + Terrace
- Cosy for Winter stays with Log Fire and Central Heating
This beautifully appointed property in the luxury Pinewood development is set in an elevated position overlooking the popular North Cornwall village of Polzeath. Parking for two cars and sleeps 8 guests in four comfortable bedrooms. This contemporary property is within a mere 2-3 minute walk to the golden sandy beach either down the road, or through private communal grounds to the beach.
- Amazing location
- Sleeps 8-9 in 4 bedrooms
- 2 acres of private communal grounds
- Breathtaking views
- Walk to the beach
Prices from £924.00
Tresevens is a spacious 5 bedroom detached house, sleeping 10 adults (or 8 adults + 4 children), with parking and an enclosed garden. Ideally located 700 yards from the long sandy beach of Polzeath, the house is 300 yards from the very popular Oyster Catcher pub and its fantastic views across the Camel Estuary.
- 10 Mins Walk from Daymer Bay Beach
- Sleeps 10 adults or 8 adults and 4 children
- 5 bedroom detached house
- Enclosed rear garden
- 5 mins walk to shop, close to Pub and St Morritz Hotel
Prices from £1,256.00
This holiday home is ideal for self-catering family holidays in Trebetherick, North Cornwall. This welcoming house overlooks the magnificent Cornish coastline and has spectacular sea views. It is perfectly situated; within ten minutes walk from both Polzeath beach and Daymer Bay, and across the estuary from the idyllic fishing village of Padstow.
- Spacious family house
- Overlooking the sea
- Sleeps 10 (+ 2 extra children)
- Stunning views
- Private garden
A delightful traditional seaside cottage in Trebetherick, close to Daymer Bay Beach, sleeps max 9 in 5 bedrooms. There is a charming sheltered lawned garden, patio, BBQ and outside covered eating area + the all important parking for several cars.
- Traditional Seaside Cottage close to the Beach
- Easy walking access (2 mins) to the Dog Friendly Sandy Beach of Daymer Bay
- Sleeps 9 in 5 Bedrooms
- Lovely enclosed Garden
- Drawing Room, Dining Room, Kitchen & TV Room