From the restaurants of celebrity chefs on the North Cornwall coast to beach side cafes near Salcombe in South Devon, chefs across the West Country are serving delicious dishes made with locally sourced and seasonal produce.
You can visit some of the local producers or even book a tour or experience day with them to get involved yourself. Food festivals and regular markets take place throughout the year and, for those not wanting to miss a thing, local tour guides can arrange food and drink tours so you can experience the very best of the West.
Take a look at our collection of self catering properties for food lovers below.
Prices from £1,999.00
Luxury holiday home. Spacious property totaling 2,880 sq. ft of accommodation over 2 floors forming the principal part of a grand Victorian villa with heated swimming pool (12 x 6m). Set in an elevated position over looking Sunny Cove with beautiful views out to sea.
- Large private south facing terrace
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Views of the Estuary
- Sleeps 10 in 5 Bedrooms and 5 Bathrooms
- Luxury Property recently refurbished to a very high standard of comfort
Prices from £449.00
7 Pentire Rocks is an exceptional, stunningly decorated and furnished, new build garden apartment in New Polzeath with wifi and parking. Part of a complex of 11 apartments with sociable and friendly feel, the apartment sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms + double sofa bed. Close to surfing beach, with dedicated parking bay, sunny front garden and patio, outside hot shower & BBQ plus a heated shed for Storage of Bikes, SurfBoards etc.
- Stunningly Decorated & Furnished in Coastal Style - A Perfect Bolt Hole
- Peacefully located in New Polzeath with easy Walking access to Polzeath Beach & Village
- Sleeps 6-8 in 2 Bedrooms, a Double Sofa Bed & 2 Luxury Bathrooms
- New Build Garden Apartment with Heated shed for Storage of Bikes, SurfBoards etc
- Sunny Front Garden and Patio with BBQ & Patio Furniture
Prices from £449.00
Pentire Rocks Cottage is a wonderful modern build property situated in unspoilt New Polzeath, within a few minutes walk of the amazing north coast beaches. Part of a small, well kept complex the property has been well furnished and is in an ideal position to explore the coastal footpaths and natural attractions that abound in north Cornwall. The property is off-the-beaten track and will comfortably sleep 6 guests in three bedrooms offering versatility to extended families or extra friends.
- Sleeps 5-6 in 3 Bedrooms + 2 Luxury Bathrooms
- Easy access for Coastal walks
- Few minutes walk across the Beach to Restaurants & Shops
- Part of a small New Build Complex
- Ideal Position close to Sandy Beach
Prices from £199.00
A delightful new build studio annex (sleeps 2-3) to Rockside House with its own front door, spacious luxury wetroom, kitchenette, sea views, terrace, parking and shared gardens with access direct to coast path and the beach
- Contemporary New Build Studio Annex
- Fabulous Sea Views
- Access direct to Coast Path
- Stunning Beaches
- Plenty of Watersports & Activities in the area
Prices from £249.00
Rockside Studio is a delightful holiday accommodation in New Polzeath, located close to Polzeath Beach and to the beach path with access direct to Baby Bay Beach. Ideal for a couple or a family with up to 2 children.
- Sleeps 2-4
- Close to Polzeath Beach & Baby Bay
- Great Location for Surfers
- Suitable for 1 couple or a small family
- Stunning Beaches
Prices from £975.00
Spacious Family House and Cottage overlooking Beach and Sea in New Polzeath. Self catering for 2-3 families in the very best beachside location. The self contained annex sleeps a further 4-5 if needed. Space for 5 cars. Stunning views of beach, sea , surf and sunsets. A great family holiday house with spacious rooms and amazing views. Instant access to Polzeath surfing beach, coastal path for walkers, great for families and groups.
- Spacious Family Holiday house in great location
- Sleeps 16-17 in House + Cottage
- Fabulous Sea and Beach Views
- Large Open Plan Living Area
- Close to Polzeath village with Surf Schools, Shops, Cafe's, Restaurants
Prices from £375.00
This self contained Converted Barn style annex sleeps 4-5. Stunning views of beach, sea , surf and sunsets. Annex to Craig Var - or can be rented independently. Instant access to Polzeath surfing beach, coastal path for walkers, great for families and groups. Car Parking space.
- Open plan sleeping
- Overlooking Polzeath beach
- Pets welcome
- Sleeps 4-5
- Great for families and groups
Prices from £600.00
Spacious Family House and Cottage overlooking Beach and Sea in New Polzeath Self catering for 2-3 families in the very best beachside location. The self contained annex sleeps a further 4-5 if needed. Space for 5 cars. Stunning views of beach, sea , surf and sunsets. A great family holiday house with spacious rooms and amazing views. Instant access to Polzeath surfing beach, coastal path for walkers, great for families and groups.
- Sleeps 12+ (6 Bedrooms)
- Stunning views of the Sea
- Great family holiday house
- Access to Polzeath surfing beach
- Panoramic views of Polzeath Beach
Standing alone on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the house is situated in the small village of New Polzeath, just along the coast from Rock and Padstow in North Cornwall. Built in 1906, this has been a one family-owned holiday house for the past sixty years, and continues to be the place many consider their home away from home. Set within its own private garden that includes a large drive and garage, it sits between Polzeath’s two main beaches Hayle Bay and Pentireglaze Haven, with private access to the latter from the garden. It boasts uninterrupted views across the National Trust headland leading to Pentire Point, as well as arguably the greatest of all views of the rolling Atlantic.
- Truly Unique Location on a Cliff above the Beach
- Sleeps 13 in 7 Bedrooms
- Adjacent to the path leading to Baby Bay Beach
- The most amazing Sea and Beach Views
- Spacious House
Prices from £849.00
Wonderfully located traditional family house sleeping up to 15 in 7 bedrooms, right on the front in New Polzeath with stunning sea and beach views . New open plan granite kitchen installed in 2013. Sheltered Terrace overlooking the sea, instant access to huge sandy beach/surf and coastal path for walkers. Ample private parking.
- Wonderfully located in New Polzeath above Polzeath Beach
- Sleeping up to 15 in 7 bedrooms
- Stunning Sea and Beach Views
- Instant access to sandy beach/surf
- New Open Plan Granite Kitchen
Prices from £1,110.00
Cowrie is splendidly located in New Polzeath adjacent to the quieter Baby Bay end of Polzeath beach – ideal for beach games, sand castles, rock pooling and uncrowded early morning and evening surfing. From Baby Bay the unspoilt National Trust coastline extends uninterrupted towards Pentire Point (via ‘Cowrie Bay’) and beyond to Port Isaac – perfect for magnificent cliff walks.
- Splendidly located overlooking Baby Bay in New Polzeath
- Sleeps 9-10 in 4-5 Bedrooms
- Sun Room with Coastal views
- Wonderful enclosed Gardens with access to Path to the Beach
- Renovated Seaside Bungalow
Wavecrest, Beach House in New Polzeath - Stunning Beachside location with sea views, garden and easy walk to Polzeath village Wavecrest is over 100 years old and has been refurbished over the years, so as to have been updated, but not comprehensively modernised. It retains some period charm of a family house in a beautiful setting. Self catering on the North Cornwall Coast with amazing beach, surf and sea views in New Polzeath. Wavecrest West side sleeps 6 in 3 twin bedrooms, the East side sleeps 4-6 in 2 bedrooms, if both wings (interconnecting) are rented together a max of 12 guests can be accommodated (+ a further 2-4 in the Lodge, the self contained annex)
- Amazing Sea Views
- Stunning Beachside location
- Easy walk to Polzeath village
- Sleeps up to 12 in 5 Bedrooms
- Quirky Beach House
Wavecrest West side, Beach House in New Polzeath - Stunning Beachside location with sea views, garden and easy walk to Polzeath village. Wavecrest is over 100 years old and has been refurbished over the years, so as to have been updated, but not comprehensively modernised. It retains some period charm of a family house in a beautiful setting Self catering on the North Cornwall Coast with amazing beach, surf and sea views in New Polzeath. Wavecrest West side offers quirky basic beach house living in a stunning location sleeping 6 in 3 twin bedrooms, one of the twins has 2'6 single beds, most suitable for children. In the current Covid 19 environment we are only offering Wavecrest as a single house (E & W sides interconnecting) .If both interconnecting wings are rented together a max of 12 guests (+ a further 2-4 in the Lodge, the self contained annex) can be accommodated.
- Sleeps 6 in 3 twin Bedrooms
- Overlooking Sea & Beach
- Direct Access from garden to the path leading to Baby Bay Beach
- Can be rented together with Wavecrest East side to sleep 12 guests
- Quirky Beach House with amazing location above the Beach
Wavecrest, Beach House in New Polzeath - Stunning Beachside location with sea views, garden and easy walk to Polzeath village Wavecrest is over 100 years old and has been refurbished over the years, so as to have been updated, but not comprehensively modernised. It retains some period charm of a family house in a beautiful setting. Self catering on the North Cornwall Coast with amazing beach, surf and sea views in New Polzeath. Wavecrest East side sleeps 4-6 in 2 bedrooms. In the current Covid 19 environment we are only offering Wavecrest as a single house (E & W sides interconnecting) . If both interconnecting wings are rented together a max of 12 guests (+ a further 2-4 in the Lodge, the self contained annex) can be accommodated.
- Wavecrest East Side sleeps 4-6
- Stunning Sea & Beach Views
- Access to Path to Beach from the Garden
- Next to Surfing Beach of Polzeath
- Can be rented with the West side to accommodate 12
Wavecrest Lodge offers all that a beach holiday should be. .......Moments from the sea. The Lodge sleeps 4 people comfortably, and has a small downstairs kitchen and shower room.Upstairs is a open plan living area.Wood decking balcony terrace with table and chairs and sea views.Also upstairs is a double bed (can be used as 2 single mattresses)and 2 single beds.There is a dedicated parking spaces at the front of the property.
- The Lodge sleeps 4 people comfortably.
- Wood decking balcony terrace with table and chairs and sea views
- Moments from the Sea
- Dedicated Parking for 1 car
- 8 Mins walk to Polzeath Village, Shops, Cafes, Surf Schools etc
Prices from £1,071.00
This lovely spacious property very close to the beach with sea views has a very large, open-plan living area. There are three wings leading off this central space. Each wing has its own bathroom and bedrooms. There are five bedrooms sleeping a total of 11 (+child’s bed and cot) The ocean side of the house has a glass-fronted terrace, so you can check the surf in your pyjamas or enjoy an evening drink whilst watching the sun go down over the sea. The back part of the living area is wood panelled with cosy furniture set around a woodburning stove.
- 2 Minute walk to Polzeath Beach
- Sleeps 11
- Situated above Polzeath Beach with stunning Sea Views
- Spacious Living with 2 sleeping wings
- 5 Bedrooms
Prices from £549.00
Sandspur is a contemporary, light and spacious seaside home in New Polzeath designed for a relaxing holiday sleeping 8-9 guests. Built and furnished to a high standard in 2006, it offers five star holiday accommodation on the rugged North Cornwall Coast.
- Sandspur is a contemporary, light and spacious seaside home in New Polzeath designed for a relaxing holiday
- Large open plan living, kitchen and dining area, relaxing sofas, well equipped bespoke kitchen
- Sleeps 8, with option for a 9th - comfortable beds, luxury bathrooms
- Polzeath Beach is 100m away and Rock, Port Isaac and Padstow are close by
- Spacious Sundeck for outside dining & Courtyard Garden with BBQ
Prices from £1,870.00
This beautifully renovated former Bungalow sits above Polzeath, in a cul-de-sac, away from the crowds but only 250m walk down a private road to the beach and local amenities. Sleeps 8-10 in 4 bedrooms + the summer shack in the garden. Lovely Sea Views.
- Fabulous new Internal and External Renovation
- Great Sea Views & only 250m from Polzeath Beach
- Sleeps 8 + additional beds for 2-4 (+ wc & basin) in the Summer Shack in the Garden
- Lovely Coastal Inspired Interiors
- Quiet Semi Residential, yet still close to the Beach
Prices from £1,000.00
A well equipped comfortable detached family house with four bedrooms and 3 bath/shower rooms. It is three minutes walk from the shops and the renowned surfing beach of Polzeath. It has wonderful views out to the beach and Pentire Point from the sitting room and has a garden at the back. It has double glazing and full central heating which also makes it very cosy in the winter months.
- Wonderful Sea and Beach Views
- 3 Minute Walk to Beach and Shops
- Sleeps 8-9 in 4 Bedrooms + 3 Bath/Shower rooms
- Sheltered Garden + Terrace
- Cosy for Winter stays with Log Fire and Central Heating
Prices from £2,400.00
Stunning uninterrupted Sea and Beach views from this great family beach house on Tristram Cliff, overlooking Polzeath Beach. Recently redecorated and furnished, the house sleeps 14 in 4 bedrooms + a total of 4 bath/shower rooms.
- Stunning Sea and Beach Views
- Sleeps 14
- Easy access to Polzeath surf beach
- Great for 2 families sharing with up to 10 children
- Short Walk avoiding roads to Polzeath Village with shops, restaurants, cafes, surf schools