The West Country is the perfect place for all kinds of watersports and activities, including surfing, sailing, paddle boarding, windsurfing, waterskiing and kitesurfing. There are lessons available for all ages and abilities, so you can have a go at something new or practice and improve your skills. Away from the water you will find tennis clubs, excellent golf courses, leisure centres and miles of coast path to discover.
Throughout the summer, there are competitions, races and regattas which are great fun, whether you are taking part or spectating.
From first timers to seasoned paddlers, the West Country is a great place to try one of the fastest growing water sports, stand up paddle boarding (SUP), which gives you the chance to get a unique perspective of the West Country coastline at a slower pace.
Lessons for beginners are available and, once you’ve got the hang of it, you can take a guided tour, visiting stretches of coast only accessible by water and perhaps even see seals and dolphins as you paddle through crystal clear waters.
Browse our collection of self catering properties that are perfect for active holidays below.
Prices from £299.00
Hillscroft is a detached traditional period cottage located in the quiet rural village of Treknow. It has been recently renovated and is spacious and well equipped. Situated in an elevated position overlooking fields the cottage enjoys magnificent views towards the sea and is within walking distance of the spectacular Trebarwith Strand beach which is popular with both surfers and families alike and is one of the few beaches to allow dogs year round. There are 2 excellent pubs again within easy walking distance. The South West Coastal footpath is on the doorstep and Port Isaac, Tintagel and Boscastle are just a short drive away with the popular destinations of Polzeath, Rock and Padstow also within easy distance. Sleeps 7-8 in 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en-suite), sofa bed. Off road parking for 3 cars. Dog friendly.
- Close to Beach - 10 mins walk to Trebarwith Beach via Fields & Woodland
- Elevated Position allowing Stunning Views to the Sea from the Garden
- Quiet Village Location, Parking
- Easy Access to Port Isaac, Tintagel and the North Cornwall Coast & Beaches
- 3 Bedrooms + 3 modern Bathrooms, suitable for 3 couples or 2 families
Prices from £349.00
Kosel is a delightful 2 storey character barn conversion sleeping 2 adults + 1 child (over 5 years old) in the village of Trewarmett, close to the sandy beach of Trebarwith Strand. There is an open plan living / dining / kitchen area downstairs comfortably furnished with a seaside feel and a good sized bedroom with ensuite shower and a utility area on the 1st floor. Outside there is an enclosed garden with a gravelled courtyard and sitting areas with BBQ + parking for 1 car.
- Character Barn Conversion in a Delightful Village Location
- Close to Trebarwith Strand Beach and the village of Tintagel
- Lovely Raised Gardens and Seating Areas
- Sleeps 2 adults + 1 child over 5yrs
- Attractive 'Coastal' style interiors
Besloe is a unique 4 double bedroom, sleeps 8, 14th Century Cottage brimming with character. The delightful gardens are on a number of levels and the sea and rural views are wonderful . The kitchen and shower rooms have been recently updated and the AGA, log burner + central heating make it warm and cosy inside the stone walls. Trebarwith Strand Beach is a 20 min walk, with Port Isaac, Tintagel, Polzeath and the Camel Estuary all only a short drive away.
- Unique 14 Century Character Cottage with Sea and Rural Views
- Sleeps 8 in 4 Spacious Double Bedrooms + 2 Renovated Shower Rooms
- Log Burner, AGA and Oil fired Radiators to keep you Cosy in the Winter
- Peaceful Rural Setting amidst Undulating Fields leading to the Sea
- Multi Levelled Gardens with Stunning Views of the Sea