The West Country is a great place to explore on foot and there is wonderful walking to enjoy throughout the year. There are quiet country lanes, coastal paths across the clifftops and the rugged moorland of Bodmin and Dartmoor all within easy reach. Many of our properties are just moments from the beach and in the West Country you’ll never be far from the South West Coast Path.
Local guides can arrange walking tours for you or simply follow one of the many signposted routes to discover the stunning scenery of Cornwall and Devon. There is plenty of wildlife to be seen too, so watch out for seals, basking sharks, migrating birds and rare butterflies.
Dogs are welcome in most areas, though be sure to keep them on the lead around livestock. Some seasonal restrictions apply to the beaches in summer, but often the quieter winter months bring excellent walking conditions. May - June and September - October are also wonderful months to be out and about on the footpaths.
Take a look at our collection of self catering properties that are perfect for walking holidays below.
Prices from £299.00
Hillscroft is a detached traditional period cottage located in the quiet rural village of Treknow. It has been recently renovated and is spacious and well equipped. Situated in an elevated position overlooking fields the cottage enjoys magnificent views towards the sea and is within walking distance of the spectacular Trebarwith Strand beach which is popular with both surfers and families alike and is one of the few beaches to allow dogs year round. There are 2 excellent pubs again within easy walking distance. The South West Coastal footpath is on the doorstep and Port Isaac, Tintagel and Boscastle are just a short drive away with the popular destinations of Polzeath, Rock and Padstow also within easy distance. Sleeps 7-8 in 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en-suite), sofa bed. Off road parking for 3 cars. Dog friendly.
- Close to Beach - 10 mins walk to Trebarwith Beach via Fields & Woodland
- Elevated Position allowing Stunning Views to the Sea from the Garden
- Quiet Village Location, Parking
- Easy Access to Port Isaac, Tintagel and the North Cornwall Coast & Beaches
- 3 Bedrooms + 3 modern Bathrooms, suitable for 3 couples or 2 families
Prices from £349.00
Kosel is a delightful 2 storey character barn conversion sleeping 2 adults + 1 child (over 5 years old) in the village of Trewarmett, close to the sandy beach of Trebarwith Strand. There is an open plan living / dining / kitchen area downstairs comfortably furnished with a seaside feel and a good sized bedroom with ensuite shower and a utility area on the 1st floor. Outside there is an enclosed garden with a gravelled courtyard and sitting areas with BBQ + parking for 1 car.
- Character Barn Conversion in a Delightful Village Location
- Close to Trebarwith Strand Beach and the village of Tintagel
- Lovely Raised Gardens and Seating Areas
- Sleeps 2 adults + 1 child over 5yrs
- Attractive 'Coastal' style interiors
Prices from £449.00
Besloe is a unique 4 double bedroom, sleeps 8, 14th Century Cottage brimming with character. The delightful gardens are on a number of levels and the sea and rural views are wonderful . The kitchen and shower rooms have been recently updated and the AGA, log burner + central heating make it warm and cosy inside the stone walls. Trebarwith Strand Beach is a 20 min walk, with Port Isaac, Tintagel, Polzeath and the Camel Estuary all only a short drive away.
- Unique 14 Century Character Cottage with Sea and Rural Views
- Sleeps 8 in 4 Spacious Double Bedrooms + 2 Renovated Shower Rooms
- Log Burner, AGA and Oil fired Radiators to keep you Cosy in the Winter
- Peaceful Rural Setting amidst Undulating Fields leading to the Sea
- Multi Levelled Gardens with Stunning Views of the Sea