Large Houses near the Beach
With large, self catering family houses sleeping up to 18, you can gather the whole family together to enjoy a beach holiday in the West Country. Our largest properties have great facilities and are in fantastic locations, with most just moments from the beach.
There are many excellent restaurants nearby, as well as local catering companies and private chefs available for events and celebratory meals, so you can relax and enjoy time with your family, friends and colleagues.
Browse our collection of large, spacious self catering family friendly properties below.
Prices from £1,022.00
Large comfortable house sleeps 17 with 2 living rooms, log burner, 2 games rooms, study, kitchen diner, utility, 7 bedrooms, 3 of which are ensuite, additional wet room, wc and bathrooms with external heated swimming pool and terraced patio area.Located outside Port Isaac (walkable to the village) with wonderful views of the sea and Port Isaac, ample parking and grass lawn. Enjoy the beach & surfing at Polzeath, sailing & water skiing in Rock, walk the S W Footpath, go fishing, catch the passenger ferry to Padstow, visit Wadebridge or Newquay or make a day trip to the South Cornish Coast or the Eden Project. The Pool is only operational from late May - Sept (weather dependent).
- Sleeps 17+ 1 child in 7 Bedrooms + 5 Bathrooms
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Wonderful Sea Views close to Port Isaac
- Superfast Broadband & decent Mobile signal
- Log Burner, 2 Games rooms, Study, Bar
Prices from £593.00
Originally built circa 1850 this beautiful detached Victorian gentleman's residence with 5 Bedrooms has recently been fully restored. Located in a stunning, picturesque rural setting on the edge of Bodmin Moor in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Farmhouse enjoys lovely views out over the countryside and is set in 2.5 acres of grounds including open lawns, landscaped gardens and delightful woodland areas bordering fields at the edge of the grounds.
- Boutique Farmhouse with 5 large bedrooms, 2 of which have en suite bathrooms.
- Picturesque Rural setting on the edge of Bodmin Moor in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Set in 2.5 acres of Grounds including open lawns, landscaped gardens and delightful woodland areas.
- Large Renovated Country Kitchen with an Island and Aga cooker.
- A great, secure environment for dogs and children to explore.
Prices from £299.00
Hillscroft is a detached traditional period cottage located in the quiet rural village of Treknow. It has been recently renovated and is spacious and well equipped. Situated in an elevated position overlooking fields the cottage enjoys magnificent views towards the sea and is within walking distance of the spectacular Trebarwith Strand beach which is popular with both surfers and families alike and is one of the few beaches to allow dogs year round. There are 2 excellent pubs again within easy walking distance. The South West Coastal footpath is on the doorstep and Port Isaac, Tintagel and Boscastle are just a short drive away with the popular destinations of Polzeath, Rock and Padstow also within easy distance. Sleeps 7/9. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en-suite). Off road parking for 3 cars. Dog friendly.
- Close to Beach - 10 mins walk to Trebarwith Beach via Fields & Woodland
- Elevated Position allowing Stunning Views to the Sea from the Garden
- Quiet Village Location, Parking
- Easy Access to Port Isaac, Tintagel and the North Cornwall Coast & Beaches
- 3 Bedrooms + 3 modern Bathrooms, suitable for 3 couples or 2 families
Prices from £410.00
Merlins Cottage (although more a house) is situated down a quiet private dead end track with magical sea views. It lies in the small coastal hamlet of Trevillick, just a five minute walk across National Trust farm land from the historic town of Tintagel. Merlin's Cottage is large enough to easily accommodate two families with children and all the associated surfing/sailing equipment. Alternatively, it is wonderful for couples wanting to explore the stunning North Cornwall Coastline. The large garden enjoys superb views across Port Isaac Bay to Trevose Head.
- Spectacular Views over the Atlantic Ocean and Rural Countryside.
- Lovely Lawned Garden with Sea Views
- Situated on the South West Coast Path with 20 mins walk to Trebarwith Strand Beach
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Cosy Wood Burning Stove for Winter evenings
Prices from £447.00
Besloe is a unique 4 double bedroom, sleeps 8, 14th Century Cottage brimming with character. The delightful gardens are on a number of levels and the sea and rural views are wonderful . The kitchen and shower rooms have been recently updated and the AGA, log burner + central heating make it warm and cosy inside the stone walls. Trebarwith Strand Beach is a 20 min walk, with Port Isaac, Tintagel, Polzeath and the Camel Estuary all only a short drive away.
- Unique 14 Century Character Cottage with Sea and Rural Views
- Sleeps 8 in 4 Spacious Double Bedrooms + 2 Renovated Shower Rooms
- Log Burner, AGA and Oil fired Radiators to keep you Cosy in the Winter
- Peaceful Rural Setting amidst Undulating Fields leading to the Sea
- Multi Levelled Gardens with Stunning Views of the Sea