Beach Holidays with Dogs
The West Country is a wonderful place to bring your dog, with miles of the South West Coast Path to explore together, rivers and sheltered coves for swimming and long, sandy beaches to enjoy. Some beaches welcome dogs all year round, while others with seasonal restrictions can still be enjoyed in the quieter winter months.
There are plenty of cafes, pubs and restaurants that welcome dogs too.
Browse our dog friendly self catering properties below.
For a complete list of beaches affected by the Summer Dog Ban Rules please click here for up to date information on restricted beaches
These new restrictions will stay in place for three years form 2020 unless reviewed.
A beautifully converted Cornish barn set in the former farmstead of Treglines, it enjoys a delightfully rural location but is still only one mile from Polzeath Beach and two miles from Rock.
- Attractively converted Cornish Cob Barn
- Large Garden
- Close to Polzeath Beach and Rock
- Very Close to The Point Leisure Centre & Golf Course
- Sleeps 4-5
Prices from £1,249.00
Large comfortable house sleeps 17 with 2 living rooms, log burner, 2 games rooms, study, kitchen diner, utility, 7 bedrooms, 3 of which are ensuite, additional wet room, wc and bathrooms with external heated swimming pool and terraced patio area.Located outside Port Isaac (walkable to the village) with wonderful views of the sea and Port Isaac, ample parking and grass lawn. Enjoy the beach & surfing at Polzeath, sailing & water skiing in Rock, walk the S W Footpath, go fishing, catch the passenger ferry to Padstow, visit Wadebridge or Newquay or make a day trip to the South Cornish Coast or the Eden Project. The Pool is only operational from late May - Sept (weather dependent).
- Sleeps 17+ 1 child in 7 Bedrooms + 5 Bathrooms
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Wonderful Sea Views close to Port Isaac
- Superfast Broadband & decent Mobile signal
- Log Burner, 2 Games rooms, Study, Bar
Prices from £729.00
Hillscroft is a detached traditional period cottage located in the quiet rural village of Treknow. It has been recently renovated and is spacious and well equipped. Situated in an elevated position overlooking fields the cottage enjoys magnificent views towards the sea and is within walking distance of the spectacular Trebarwith Strand beach which is popular with both surfers and families alike and is one of the few beaches to allow dogs year round. There are 2 excellent pubs again within easy walking distance. The South West Coastal footpath is on the doorstep and Port Isaac, Tintagel and Boscastle are just a short drive away with the popular destinations of Polzeath, Rock and Padstow also within easy distance. Sleeps 7-8 in 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en-suite), sofa bed. Off road parking for 3 cars. Dog friendly- well behaved Dogs (max 2) are welcomed for an additional fee of £50 per dog. The garden fence and decking area have been renewed in spring 2023.
- Close to Beach - 10 mins walk to Trebarwith Beach via Fields & Woodland
- Elevated Position allowing Stunning Views to the Sea from the Garden
- Quiet Village Location, Parking
- Easy Access to Port Isaac, Tintagel and the North Cornwall Coast & Beaches
- 3 Bedrooms + 3 modern Bathrooms, suitable for 3 couples or 2 families
Prices from £315.00
Kosel is a delightful 2 storey character one bedroom cottage/barn conversion sleeping 2 adults + 1 child (over 5 years old) in the village of Trewarmett, close to the sandy beach of Trebarwith Strand and near to Tintagel. This charming quirky cottage has an open plan living / dining / kitchen area downstairs comfortably furnished with a seaside feel and a good sized bedroom with ensuite shower and a utility area on the 1st floor. Outside there is an enclosed garden with a gravelled courtyard and sitting areas with BBQ + parking for 1 car.
- Character Barn Conversion in a Delightful Village Location
- Close to Trebarwith Strand Beach and the village of Tintagel
- Lovely Raised Gardens and Seating Areas
- Sleeps 2 adults + 1 child over 5yrs
- Attractive 'Coastal' style interiors
Besloe is a unique 4 double bedroom, sleeps 8, 14th Century Cottage brimming with character. The delightful gardens are on a number of levels and the sea and rural views are wonderful . The kitchen and shower rooms have been recently updated and the log burner + central heating make it warm and cosy inside the stone walls. Trebarwith Strand Beach is a 20 min walk, with Port Isaac, Tintagel, Polzeath and the Camel Estuary all only a short drive away.
- Unique 14 Century Character Cottage with Sea and Rural Views
- Sleeps 8 in 4 Spacious Double Bedrooms + 2 Renovated Shower Rooms
- Log Burner & Oil fired Radiators to keep you Cosy in the Winter
- Peaceful Rural Setting amidst Undulating Fields leading to the Sea
- Multi Levelled Gardens with Stunning Views of the Sea
Prices from £999.00
Dog Friendly Bungalow nr Wadebridge 3 bedroom bungalow with a lovely enclosed garden close to the Wadebridge Royal Cornwall Showground. The Quarryman Inn gastropub and Camel Trail are both within walking distance.
- Open Plan Kitchen/Dining area overlooking the Garden
- Sunny South Facing Garden, 3-4 Double Bedrooms
- Close to Camel Trail and Gastro Pub The Quarryman Inn
- Easy driving access to River Camel, Padstow, Rock & Polzeath, Newquay Airport, Wadebridge, Bodmin
- Near to Wadebridge and the Royal Cornwall Show Ground