Beach Holidays with Dogs
The West Country is a wonderful place to bring your dog, with miles of the South West Coast Path to explore together, rivers and sheltered coves for swimming and long, sandy beaches to enjoy. Some beaches welcome dogs all year round, while others with seasonal restrictions can still be enjoyed in the quieter winter months.
There are plenty of cafes, pubs and restaurants that welcome dogs too.
Browse our dog friendly self catering properties below.
Prices from £650.00
3 storey holiday house overlooking the River Camel in central Rock . Stunning location, next to Sailing Club, and beach, close to Golf Course and Ferry to Padstow. Sleeps 8-9 in 4-5 bedrooms. Attractive coastal style interior and furnishings.
- Newly Renovated
- Stunning Location Overlooking the River Camel
- Sleeps 8-9 in 4-5 Bedrooms
- Attractive Coastal style Interiors
- Conveniently Located in Central Rock by the Sailing Club
Prices from £1,000.00
Aloe Cottage has one of the most sought after locations in Rock with stunning views across the Camel Estuary. It has recently been completely refurbished to a high standard with the interior designed to give a seaside feel.
- Superb Views over the Camel Estuary
- Southwest facing Terrace
- Luxury Holiday Cottage
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms
Prices from £600.00
Family holiday house in Rock with stunning river views, sleeps 9-10. A modern detached holiday house in a quiet cul du sac with panoramic views over the Camel Estuary towards Padstow. It comprises 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and can sleep 9 -10 people. With a totally enclosed fenced garden and driveway making it an ideal and safe family holiday home. A stile from the garden leads to the footpath to the foreshore at Porthilly Cove (about 10 minutes). The newsagent is about a 3 minute walk and the main food shops including a butcher, fishmonger, bakery and Spar are about 10 minutes on foot. There is a ferry to Padstow which is a 15-20 minute walk from the house or short drive to the Ferry Car Park.
- Fabulous Views of the River Camel
- Sleeps 9-10 in 4 Bedrooms + 3 Bathrooms
- Walk to Beach
- Close to Shops
- Lovely Open Plan Living/Eating/Kitchen Area
Prices from £250.00
A very attractively decorated and well maintained luxury static mobile home located in Porthilly Farm, Rock. Available from April - Oct only. Porthilly Farm mobile home park is a family park, so this property is suitable for families and couples only, no singles or single sex groups. There are sea views from the home and a very easy and pleasant walk to Rock and beyond. The owner will allow 1 well behaved dog by arrangement only.
- Close to Beach & Sailing
- Family Run Static Caravan Site
- Views of the River Camel from the Site
- Attractive Interiors
- All Mod Cons including gas run heating
Prices from £1,000.00
Large comfortable house sleeps 17 with 2 living rooms, log burner, 2 games rooms, study, kitchen diner, utility, 7 bedrooms, 3 of which are ensuite, additional wet room, wc and bathrooms with external heated swimming pool and terraced patio area.Located outside Port Isaac (walkable to the village) with wonderful views of the sea and Port Isaac, ample parking and grass lawn. Enjoy the beach & surfing at Polzeath, sailing & water skiing in Rock, walk the S W Footpath, go fishing, catch the passenger ferry to Padstow, visit Wadebridge or Newquay or make a day trip to the South Cornish Coast or the Eden Project. The Pool is only operational from mid May - mid Sept (weather dependent).
- Sleeps 17+ 1 child in 7 Bedrooms + 5 Bathrooms
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Wonderful Sea Views close to Port Isaac
- Superfast Broadband & decent Mobile signal
- Log Burner, 2 Games rooms, Study, Bar
Prices from £297.00
A beautifully converted Cornish barn set in the former farmstead of Treglines, it enjoys a delightfully rural location but is still only one mile from Polzeath Beach and two miles from Rock.
- Attractively converted Cornish Cob Barn
- Large Garden
- Close to Polzeath Beach and Rock
- Very Close to The Point Leisure Centre & Golf Course
- Sleeps 4-5
Prices from £449.00
Lodge 36 is a privately owned lodge situated on the spectacular 5* Retallack Resort & Spa, near Padstow. You have free usage of the Pool Complex.
- Sleeps 9
- Situated on 5* Retallack Resort & Spa
- Retreat Spa
- Aqua Park – New 2016
- Fishing on the adjacent lakes
Prices from £747.00
Originally built circa 1850 this beautiful detached Victorian gentleman's residence with 5 Bedrooms has recently been fully restored. Located in a stunning, picturesque rural setting on the edge of Bodmin Moor in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Farmhouse enjoys lovely views out over the countryside and is set in 2.5 acres of grounds including open lawns, landscaped gardens and delightful woodland areas bordering fields at the edge of the grounds.
- Boutique Farmhouse with 5 large bedrooms, 2 of which have en suite bathrooms.
- Picturesque Rural setting on the edge of Bodmin Moor in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Set in 2.5 acres of Grounds including open lawns, landscaped gardens and delightful woodland areas.
- Large Renovated Country Kitchen with an Island and Aga cooker.
- A great, secure environment for dogs and children to explore.
Prices from £391.00
Situated in an Elevated position enjoying magnificent valley views toward the North Cornish Coast and Sea this detached traditional period Cottage with gardens & parking is close to the coastal path and within walking distance of the spectacular Trebarwith Strand Beach and 2 pubs. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, Double Sofa Bed - Sleeps 7/9.
- Close to Beach - 10 mins walk to Trebarwith Beach via Fields & Woodland
- Elevated Position allowing Views to the Sea
- Quiet Village Location, Parking
- Easy Access to Port Isaac, Tintagel and the North Cornwall Coast & Beaches
- 3 Bedrooms + 3 modern Bathrooms, suitable for 3 couples or 2 families
Prices from £500.00
Merlins Cottage (although more a house) is situated down a quiet private dead end track with magical sea views. It lies in the small coastal hamlet of Trevillick, just a five minute walk across National Trust farm land from the historic town of Tintagel. Merlin's Cottage is large enough to easily accommodate two families with children and all the associated surfing/sailing equipment. Alternatively, it is wonderful for couples wanting to explore the stunning North Cornwall Coastline. The large garden enjoys superb views across Port Isaac Bay to Trevose Head.
- Spectacular Views over the Atlantic Ocean and Rural Countryside.
- Lovely Lawned Garden with Sea Views
- Situated on the South West Coast Path with 20 mins walk to Trebarwith Strand Beach
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Cosy Wood Burning Stove for Winter evenings
Prices from £449.00
Besloe is a unique 4 double bedroom, sleeps 8, 14th Century Cottage brimming with character. The delightful gardens are on a number of levels and the sea and rural views are wonderful . The kitchen and shower rooms have been recently updated and the AGA, log burner + central heating make it warm and cosy inside the stone walls. Trebarwith Strand Beach is a 20 min walk, with Port Isaac, Tintagel, Polzeath and the Camel Estuary all only a short drive away.
- Unique 14 Century Character Cottage with Sea and Rural Views
- Sleeps 8 in 4 Spacious Double Bedrooms + 2 Renovated Shower Rooms
- Log Burner, AGA and Oil fired Radiators to keep you Cosy in the Winter
- Peaceful Rural Setting amidst Undulating Fields leading to the Sea
- Multi Levelled Gardens with Stunning Views of the Sea